All eyes are on New York today for the second presidential debate, which will be held at Hofstra University on Long Island. The students are already running into the secret service and having a tough time getting around campus. It’s not everyday you have a sitting president visit and a Republican presidential nominee.
Is it me, or does Mitt Romney look like Hollywood’s version of a president? It’s like a casting director said, “Get me someone who looks presidential,” and they brought Mitt Romney to the casting call.
And tonight, we can expect a fiery President Obama. Hofstra’s students are ready to take both men to task. But only 300 students can attend the town hall style debate and ask questions. There was a lottery for the students and we talked to one this morning that is preparing what he will ask if called on.
Damahl Brathwaite was one of the lucky students who was picked to be at the debate tonight. We will check back in with him tomorrow to see if he was able to ask a question and what the energy in the room was like.
But today we caught up with Damahl to find out how he found out he was going to the debate and if he will be brave enough to ask the Pizza Hut question (that would get him free pizza for life)… sausage or pepperoni!
-Kim Berk & Jim Douglas, Fresh 102.7
Contact the Jim & Kim Show:
- Email Producer Craig at: firstname.lastname@example.org †>
- Give Jim Douglas Golf Tips at: email@example.com >
- Wake Up Kim Berk at 3am at: firstname.lastname@example.org >
- ‘Like’ Jim & Kim On Facebook >
- Bios: Get To Know Jim & Kim†and Craig Too >
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- GRAMMY Nominations Behind the Scenes: Lorde Takes a Bow, Arsenio Fires Back at Kanye
- And the GRAMMY Nominees Are: Jay Z, Kendrick Lamar, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis and Justin Timberlake
- GRAMMY Nominees 2014: The Full List
- R. Kelly Honors Nelson Mandela on ‘Arsenio Hall Show’
- Watch Daft Punk’s Video for ‘Instant Crush’ Featuring Julian Casablancas