Dave Navarro Of Jane’s Addiction To Guest-Star On ‘Sons Of Anarchy’ As Motorcycle Gangster
According to the Hollywood Reporter, The show (which many fans feel has returned to form during this fifth season on the FX Network) will feature Navarro as a gang member in cahoots with character Nero Padilla, played by Jimmy Smits, over the last two episodes of the season.
To coincide with Navarro’s appearances, Jane’s Addiction will contribute a cover version of Rolling Stones’ classic “Sympathy For the Devil,” which the band first recorded in the late ‘80s for their eponymous 1987 debut album as simply “Sympathy.”
Musically, Navarro recently said that he’s currently working on two solo albums of very disparate nature.
“I actually have two records that I plan on making simultaneously, completely different,” he explained to an inquisitive caller to his online radio show Dark Matter. “They’re just two different musical styles. But I don’t have any, like, release date or any information like that.”
Jane’s Addiction is currently on tour along the West Coast, with dates in Santa Cruz, CA (October 17) and Phoenix, AZ (October 24) before hitting Los Angeles for a special Halloween show (October 27).
–Scott T. Sterling, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Stream John Mellencamp’s New Album, ‘Plain Spoken’
- Bono: ‘No One Has Deleted More U2 Songs in the Last Five Years Than the Members of U2′
- Radio.com Presents the 2014 Eventful Fan’s Choice Awards
- Enter To Win: Ariana Grande at MSG
- Listen to Queen’s ’80s Collaboration with Michael Jackson, ‘There Must Be More to Life Than This’
- Iranians Who Made Tehran ‘Happy’ Video Sentenced to Six Months in Jail, 91 Lashings