Is Michael Bolton Getting His Own TV Show?
It seems Bolton may have found the role he was born to play.
The singer is set to play himself in a new ABC comedy written by actress Allison Miller (Go On), Entertainment Weekly reported.
The 30-minute sitcom, Michael Bolton’s Daughter is Destroying My Life, focuses on a young writer who takes a job working as the head of Bolton’s social media team. Unfortunately Bolton’s daughter isn’t too easy to get along with. No word yet on who will play Bolton’s fictional daughter.
Tami Sagher, who has written and produced for How I Met Your Mother and more, will write the script and will co-executive produce the new show.
This is not Bolton’s first foray in playing himself, the singer appeared in 2002’s Snow Dogs alongside Cuba Gooding Jr. and recently appeared on an episode of Two and a Half Men.
He also isn’t the only actor on TV playing himself. Matt LeBlanc from Friends is now starring as a dumbed down version of himself on Episodes. While Dawson Creek’s star James Van Der Beek pokes fun at himself on Don’t Trust the B**** in Apartment 23.
Bolton also showed off his comedic chops on SNL with “Jack Sparrow,” the Lonely Island’s ode to Johnny Depp’s Pirates of the Caribbean character. The singer adds his own spin to Andy Samberg’s rap group’s song and shows off his movie knowledge.
Check out the video here and tell us what you think about Bolton’s new gig.
- Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Taylor Swift Wants Her Belly Button to Remain a ‘Mystery’
- Interview: Charli XCX on ‘Sucker,’ Working with Weezer and Chilling at the White House
- Beyoncé’s New Song ‘Ring Off’ Is a Tribute to Her Mom
- Metallica Unleash ‘Enter Sandman’ on Fourth Night of ‘Late Late Show’ Residency: Watch
- Bruno Mars & Mark Ronson Do Everything Wrong in ‘SNL’ Teaser: Watch
- One Direction Sit Down With ‘Ellen’ To Talk Taylor Swift, Bad Disguises & Weddings