The Grammy’s Gives Its Final Salute To The Legendary Whitney Houston
The Grammy’s paid a final tribute to the late Whitney Houston, earlier this week, after a whole year of grief and remembrance.
The 48-year-old legendary diva’s sudden death came as a huge shock to those in the music industry this past February, when she was found lifeless the night before the Grammy awards. Authorities claim Whitney’s accidental drowning in a Beverly Hills hotel hottub was caused by her cocaine use and heart disease.
Despite her illegal vice, many celebrities came to pay their respect and share memories of the singer at the We Will Always Love You: A Grammy Salute to Whitney Houston ceremony.
Photos: A Tribute To Whitney Houston
Although, Houston’s mother and brother were not at the event, her daughter, Bobbi Kristina Brown, joined by her boyfriend/brother and Aunt Pat Houston attended the event. Music Producer Clive Davis, who launched Houston’s unforgettable music career also made an appearance.
The tone of the night was set by Academy Award Winning Actress Halle Berry, who gave a tearful introduction to the ceremony.
The event had a great line up of celebrities who gave heart-warming performances that had the Houston family weeping in the front row.
Jennifer Hudson channeled the late singer while performing, “I’m Every Woman,” “How Will I Know” and “I Wanna Dance With Somebody” with her big hair and glitzy costume.
Britney Spears, who was a presenter for the night, reminisced about how her version of “I Have Nothing” helped her seal a deal and break into the business.
Along with showing exclusive interviews featuring Houston in her earlier days, a tape of her singing “I Will Always Love You,” at the 1994 Grammy awards was also shared with the audience.
Be sure to watch the one-hour special on CBS on November 16th.
– Maria Bonello, Fresh 102.7
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Stream ‘Nina Revisited… A Tribute to Nina Simone’ Featuring Lauryn Hill, Usher & More
- Can Women Be Beautiful and Funny? Hollywood Execs Still Not Sure
- Alison Brie Trying Salt N Pepa’s ‘Shoop’ on ‘Lip Sync Battle’ Is the Whitest Thing: Watch
- Kanye West Is the Only Feature on the Weeknd’s New Album, Says Ed Sheeran
- Britney Spears Recreating the ‘Oops I Did It Again’ Cover with Her Sons Will Make You Feel Old
- Taylor Swift’s Fourth of July Was Better Than Yours