It’s been a decade since Kelly Clarkson won American Idol and her latest single “Catch My Breath” talks about her journey.
The new track is an upbeat look at growing up and finding strength with the help of her friends and family.
Lyrics such as, “Won’t let them get me down/ It’s all so simple now,” captures her personal growth, which she explained on her website.
“This song represents who I’ve been, what I’ve felt, and where I’m headed as not only an artist but as a 30-year-old that is now smart enough to know that it’s time to stop, catch my breath, and be proud of not only what has been accomplished but of all the people that have helped me become the woman I am today,” she wrote.
The single is featured on the singer’s Greatest Hits-Chapter 1, which will be released on November 19.
Listen to Kelly’s latest single, “Catch My Breath” below.
-Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Kelly Clarkson Covers Rihanna’s ‘Love On The Brain’
- Ariana Grande & Mac Miller Show Off New Tattoos
- Kanye West Talks Saint Pablo Tour Production Design
- Drake Announces New Short Film ‘Please Forgive Me’
- Kevin Bacon Raids Britney Spears’ Wardrobe for Apple Music
- Usher Announces New Album ‘Hard II Love’ Shares New Song ‘Missin U’