It’s been a decade since Kelly Clarkson won American Idol and her latest single “Catch My Breath” talks about her journey.
The new track is an upbeat look at growing up and finding strength with the help of her friends and family.
Lyrics such as, “Won’t let them get me down/ It’s all so simple now,” captures her personal growth, which she explained on her website.
“This song represents who I’ve been, what I’ve felt, and where I’m headed as not only an artist but as a 30-year-old that is now smart enough to know that it’s time to stop, catch my breath, and be proud of not only what has been accomplished but of all the people that have helped me become the woman I am today,” she wrote.
The single is featured on the singer’s Greatest Hits-Chapter 1, which will be released on November 19.
Listen to Kelly’s latest single, “Catch My Breath” below.
-Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Coldplay’s Chris Martin Reveals His Fasting Routine and Selling ‘The President’s First Album’
- Film Your Own ‘Hotline Bling’ Video in Toronto
- 6 Drake Collaborations We’d Like to See on ‘Views From the 6’
- Beyoncé to Launch New Clothing Line with Top Shop Owner Philip Green
- Watch Kelsea Ballerini Perform ‘Should’ve Been Us’ with Tori Kelly
- Watch Ellie Goulding Sing a Country Version of ‘Love Me Like You Do’