It’s been a decade since Kelly Clarkson won American Idol and her latest single “Catch My Breath” talks about her journey.
The new track is an upbeat look at growing up and finding strength with the help of her friends and family.
Lyrics such as, “Won’t let them get me down/ It’s all so simple now,” captures her personal growth, which she explained on her website.
“This song represents who I’ve been, what I’ve felt, and where I’m headed as not only an artist but as a 30-year-old that is now smart enough to know that it’s time to stop, catch my breath, and be proud of not only what has been accomplished but of all the people that have helped me become the woman I am today,” she wrote.
The single is featured on the singer’s Greatest Hits-Chapter 1, which will be released on November 19.
Listen to Kelly’s latest single, “Catch My Breath” below.
-Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Dave Grohl Talks Lyrical Inspiration, Shuts Down Adele, Taylor Swift Rumors
- Katy Perry to Host MTV Video Music Awards
- The Killers Share ‘Wonderful Wonderful’ Album Tracklist
- Hayley Williams Shares Unreleased Paramore Song ‘Temporary’
- Questionable Beauty Hack: Is This Genius Or Gross?
- Jennifer Lopez Sends Sugary Sweet Birthday Message to Alex Rodriguez