It’s been a decade since Kelly Clarkson won American Idol and her latest single “Catch My Breath” talks about her journey.
The new track is an upbeat look at growing up and finding strength with the help of her friends and family.
Lyrics such as, “Won’t let them get me down/ It’s all so simple now,” captures her personal growth, which she explained on her website.
“This song represents who I’ve been, what I’ve felt, and where I’m headed as not only an artist but as a 30-year-old that is now smart enough to know that it’s time to stop, catch my breath, and be proud of not only what has been accomplished but of all the people that have helped me become the woman I am today,” she wrote.
The single is featured on the singer’s Greatest Hits-Chapter 1, which will be released on November 19.
Listen to Kelly’s latest single, “Catch My Breath” below.
-Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Taylor Swift’s Cat is Keeping Her Awake
- Amy Schumer Parodies Beyoncé’s ‘Formation’ Video
- Tom DeLonge Reacts to Wikileaks Email Dump
- Azealia Banks Says She’s Pressing Charges Against Russell Crowe
- Carson and Cane’s ‘Pissy Pat’ Goes Off On Intern Anthony
- Carson and Cane’s Couple’s Court: ‘Hands In The Cookie Jar’