Chaka Khan Recording New Gospel and Jazz Albums
Chaka Khan is celebrating her 40th anniversary in the music business and stepping back into the studio.
The singer will not only record a gospel album this year, but also a jazz record.
“Being in the studio makes me very happy,” Chaka said in a statement. “I am so excited about the new music and the direction on this project. We are having a super great time on tour and the opportunity to connect with my fans is one of the greatest gifts ever.”
In addition to new music, fans can look forward to seeing the soul diva live for an international and U.S. tour plus several other key events taking place over the year-long anniversary celebration.
Chaka is wrapping up the year with the David Foster and Friends tour kicking off on November 2.
-Britt Bickel, 94.7 The Wave
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Lance Bass on One Direction: ‘I Just See Harry Leaving Soon’
- Bleachers Remix Sia’s ‘Big Girls Cry': Listen
- Here’s Ariana Grande & Lea Michele Singing Spice Girls on Helium
- ‘Fifty Shades’ Sequels Are Coming in 2017, 2018
- Billy Joel Will Play New York’s Nassau Coliseum’s Final Show
- Terry Crews Doing Vanessa Carlton’s ‘A Thousand Miles’ on Lip Sync Battle is What Dreams Are Made Of: Watch