Chaka Khan is celebrating her 40th anniversary in the music business and stepping back into the studio.
The singer will not only record a gospel album this year, but also a jazz record.
“Being in the studio makes me very happy,” Chaka said in a statement. “I am so excited about the new music and the direction on this project. We are having a super great time on tour and the opportunity to connect with my fans is one of the greatest gifts ever.”
In addition to new music, fans can look forward to seeing the soul diva live for an international and U.S. tour plus several other key events taking place over the year-long anniversary celebration.
Chaka is wrapping up the year with the David Foster and Friends tour kicking off on November 2.
-Britt Bickel, 94.7 The Wave
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Lady Gaga Drops the ‘Illusion’ on ‘Joanne’
- Michael Buble On His Love of ‘The Great American Songbook,’ Meghan Trainor, and Lady Gaga
- Little Mix Want Real Men in ‘You Gotta Not’: Listen
- Calvin Harris’ ‘My Way’ Video Subtweets Taylor Swift
- Amy Schumer Says Her ‘My Formation’ Video was Never a Parody
- Carson and Cane’s Couple’s Court: ‘Going Cat Crazy’