In March, Universal Studios and Focus Features acquired the movie rights to E.J. James’ Fifty Shades trilogy. Now with the studio’s latest announcement it seems the dream of Christian Grey invading a theater near you is becoming a reality.
The movie studios announced that they have hired a screenwriter by the name of Kelly Marcel.
Though Marcel has a short resume—she previously worked on the Fox television series, Terra Nova and wrote the movie Saving Mr. Banks, which chronicles Disney’s twenty-year pursuit to the rights of Mary Poppins and stars Tom Hanks—the company feels she is the best choice to write the sexy film.
“We were all taken with the depth and passion of Kelley’s engagement with the characters and world E.L. James has created and we knew she was the right person to augment our Fifty Shades family,” the producers of the upcoming movie said in a statement.
Though there has been no word on who will star in the movie, Ryan Gosling, Channing Tatum and Jake Gyllenhaal have all been rumored as possibilities to fill the shoes of Christian Grey. As for James, she has already said she’s staying out of the casting process.
No release date has been announced for the movie.
Who would you like to see star in the movie?
–Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Coldplay’s Chris Martin Reveals His Fasting Routine and Selling ‘The President’s First Album’
- Film Your Own ‘Hotline Bling’ Video in Toronto
- 6 Drake Collaborations We’d Like to See on ‘Views From the 6’
- Beyoncé to Launch New Clothing Line with Top Shop Owner Philip Green
- Watch Kelsea Ballerini Perform ‘Should’ve Been Us’ with Tori Kelly
- Watch Ellie Goulding Sing a Country Version of ‘Love Me Like You Do’