The HBO breakout hit Girls made Lena Dunham a household name.
At this week’s New Yorker Festival, Dunham took questions from TV critic Emily Nussbaum. In response to the outrage on her choice of itty-bitty shorts at the L.A. Loves Alex’s Lemonade Culinary Event at the end of September, Lena said “Get used to it. I’m going to live until 105 and I’m going to show my thighs every day.”
She continued on to criticize Hollywood’s anti-normal-sized-people mentality, “I don’t think a girl with tiny thighs would have received so much no-pants attention.”
It looks like we should get used to real people, Lena isn’t going anywhere and plans on putting more average-size women on TV, “look at us until you see us” she told the crowd.
In regard to the men on the show, Lena says “it’s shocking how many guys want to take credit for the dicks I’ve written.” She even admitted that Adam Driver’s character was based on a real guy she dated, but the real guy never turned into a sweet mushy fellow. Bummer.
And what about that man-piece that we saw Adam getting down with last season, it was prosthetic, and Lena thinks they made it too big.
–Kimberly Rae Miller, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Bette Midler Joins Team Shelton on ‘The Voice’
- Jason Derulo Drops Funky New Track ‘Kiss the Sky’
- Snoop Dogg Says Hell No to Hot Dogs
- Elvis Presley’s Birth Certificate Up for Auction at Graceland
- Red Hot Chili Peppers, Anthrax, Black Keys to Reissue Pink Vinyls for Gilda’s Club
- Drake’s Dad Stars in Arkells Video ‘Drake’s Dad’