Lady Gaga Proves She’s A Super Hero: Meets Super Villain
Looks like Lady Gaga did more than roll in gold bling during her appearance in London this week to launch new perfume, Fame. The singer also met with controversial Wikileaks founder Julian Assange at the Ecuadorian embassy.
It seems the match was made by singer and Tamil Tiger supporter M.I.A.
@ladygaga if ur at harrods today , come visit Assange at the Ecuador embassy across the st. im there.ill bring TEA and CAKE.
— M.I.A(@MIAuniverse) October 7, 2012
Gaga was, in fact, at Harrod’s to launch her fragrance and opted to pop over for a visit.
Assange is reportedly seeking political asylum in the embassy to be avoid extradition to Sweden on sexual assault charges. British police have threatened to arrest him if he leaves the embassy. It is widely believed that if he is arrested, he could face further charges in the U.S.
Gaga has not yet commented on what the two discussed, but the Daily Express reports the singer visited Assange for five hours, from 7pm until midnight, and stayed for dinner. In low resolution photos posted on her Little Monsters social network, Gaga is seen standing with Assange and wearing what appears to be a witch’s hat.
–Courtney E. Smith, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Chris Martin Walks Into a Bar, Plays Free Acoustic Show
- Did Rihanna Enact a Real Revenge Fantasy In the ‘BBHHM’ Video?
- Katherine Heigl and Alexis Bledel Star in Lesbian Love Story ‘Jenny’s Wedding': Watch
- You Will be Watching Music Videos Through Facebook Very Soon
- The New ‘Wet Hot American Summer’ Series Looks Funny and Very Twisted: Watch the Trailer
- Say Hello To Quasi Modo, the World’s Ugliest Dog