The pop star performed her hit “Firework” at Los Angeles’ Nokia Theatre with a choir of children behind her. Jon Bon Jovi, Stevie Wonder, and Earth, Wind & Fire also took to the stage at the “30 Days To Victory” event.
In addition to “Firework,” Perry sang her own rendition of Al Green’s “Let’s Stay Together,” which the president himself covered at Harlem’s Apollo Theater earlier this year.
Perry was so excited about Sunday’s festivities, she even sported a patriotic manicure featuring the president’s face.
Appropriate nails. twitpic.com/b22mtl
— Katy Perry (@katyperry) October 7, 2012
-Sarah Carroll, 97.1 AMP Radio/Los Angeles
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Artists Send Support after Explosion at Ariana Grande Concert
- Explosion at Ariana Grande Concert Kills Fans at Manchester Arena
- Drake Gushes Over Céline Dion, Contemplates New Tattoo
- Nicki Minaj Helps Provide Clean Water to Village in India
- Lady Antebellum Cover ‘Hey! Baby’ for ‘Dirty Dancing’ Soundtrack
- Camila Cabello’s Solo Album Features Ed Sheeran Co-Written Song