The pop star performed her hit “Firework” at Los Angeles’ Nokia Theatre with a choir of children behind her. Jon Bon Jovi, Stevie Wonder, and Earth, Wind & Fire also took to the stage at the “30 Days To Victory” event.
In addition to “Firework,” Perry sang her own rendition of Al Green’s “Let’s Stay Together,” which the president himself covered at Harlem’s Apollo Theater earlier this year.
Perry was so excited about Sunday’s festivities, she even sported a patriotic manicure featuring the president’s face.
Appropriate nails. twitpic.com/b22mtl
— Katy Perry (@katyperry) October 7, 2012
-Sarah Carroll, 97.1 AMP Radio/Los Angeles
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- John Mayer Responds to Katy Perry’s Sex Ranking
- The GRAMMYs Set to Return to Staples Center in Los Angeles
- Watch Lady Gaga Become a Substitute Teacher
- Beyoncé & JAY-Z Eye Really Expensive Mansion: Report
- Pharrell Working on New Albums from Ariana Grande, Justin Timberlake
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Unveils “Immigrants (We Get The Job Done)” Video