The pop star performed her hit “Firework” at Los Angeles’ Nokia Theatre with a choir of children behind her. Jon Bon Jovi, Stevie Wonder, and Earth, Wind & Fire also took to the stage at the “30 Days To Victory” event.
In addition to “Firework,” Perry sang her own rendition of Al Green’s “Let’s Stay Together,” which the president himself covered at Harlem’s Apollo Theater earlier this year.
Perry was so excited about Sunday’s festivities, she even sported a patriotic manicure featuring the president’s face.
Appropriate nails. twitpic.com/b22mtl
— Katy Perry (@katyperry) October 7, 2012
-Sarah Carroll, 97.1 AMP Radio/Los Angeles
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Adam Levine and Behati Prinsloo Officially Parents, But What’s Up With the Baby’s Name?
- Shawn Mendes Pokes Fun of Jimmy Fallon on ‘The Tonight Show’
- Adele on Quitting Smoking: ‘I’m Convinced That’s Made my Voice Weaker’
- Diddy Donates $1 Million to Howard University Scholarship Fund
- 5 Best Songs on Shawn Mendes’ ‘Illuminate’
- Justin Timberlake Revamps ‘Can’t Stop the Feeling!’ with James Corden, Gwen Stefani