The pop star performed her hit “Firework” at Los Angeles’ Nokia Theatre with a choir of children behind her. Jon Bon Jovi, Stevie Wonder, and Earth, Wind & Fire also took to the stage at the “30 Days To Victory” event.
In addition to “Firework,” Perry sang her own rendition of Al Green’s “Let’s Stay Together,” which the president himself covered at Harlem’s Apollo Theater earlier this year.
Perry was so excited about Sunday’s festivities, she even sported a patriotic manicure featuring the president’s face.
Appropriate nails. twitpic.com/b22mtl
— Katy Perry (@katyperry) October 7, 2012
-Sarah Carroll, 97.1 AMP Radio/Los Angeles
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Watch Alex Trebek Rap on ‘Jeopardy!’
- Adele, Pearl Jam and Dolly Parton Contribute to Brandi Carlile’s ‘Cover Stories’ Album
- Blake Shelton Takes Gwen Stefani & Kids on Helicopter Ride
- Win Tickets To See Lady Gaga At CitiField
- Win Tickets To See Mike Posner At Irving Plaza
- Katy Perry Welcomes Fans to Oblivia