COVERED: PS22 Chorus Makes Phillip Phillips’ ‘Home’ Adorable
Now the elementary school kiddies and their teacher, Gregg Breinberg, are taking on American Idol winner, Phillip Phillips’ “Home.”
While Phillips’ original is a sweet guitar ditty that soon expands into a boot-stomper, these kids show off their angelic voices and even forgo the piano for a little a capella at the end.
The grade-school tribute certainly found a fan in Greg Holden, who wrote the song for the Idol winner.
Since coming across @ps22chorus singing "Home", I have watched all their other videos & been crying my eyes out for the last hour.—
Greg Holden (@gregholden) September 28, 2012
Though Phillips didn’t write “Home,” he definitely relates to the sentiment.
Since winning, the 21-year-old singer has been whisking around the world celebrating the success of his single, which recently got a boost from the Olympics, and touring with his fellow Idols. He’s barely even had a chance to go back and visit his family in Georgia.
It’s been especially trying on his relationship with his longtime girlfriend, Hannah Blackwell.
“It’s tough for both of us, we are trying to figure out her stuff and then mine, and its kind of a whirlwind we are trying to wrap our heads around,” he told Fresh 102.7 in New York.
Luckily, he found a way to compromise: Blackwell came out on tour with him.
Check out Phillips’ video for “Home,” which not only shows behind the scenes look of what it’s like to take America by storm in a bus, but features his girlfriend.
– Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- E! Planning Bruce Jenner Specials After ‘Keeping Up with the Kardashians’
- Stephen Merchant Goes ‘Dirrty’ Like Christina Aguilera for ‘Lip Sync Battle': Watch
- Madonna Kinda Regrets That Kiss with Drake, Too
- Rihanna’s a Redhead Again: See Her New Look
- Robin Thicke, Pharrell & ‘Blurred Lines’ Could Get a New Trial
- ‘Walking Dead’ Actor Goes On NYC Subway Rant, Later Apologizes