John Legend Cancels Tour, Explains Why
The singer issues a statement earlier this week to let fans know that he would have to push back the outing.
“As you all know, I’ve been working on my new album, Love in the Future, with Kanye [West] and the rest of my creative team for a while now,” he wrote in statment. “I planned to release the album this fall and go on tour to perform new songs from the album. We announced the dates before we’d finished the album because we were sure we’d finish the album in time. But, unfortunately, while the creative process has been exciting and I’m pretty certain we’re going to deliver the best album of my career so far, the timing hasn’t adhered to the schedule I originally envisioned.”
In other words, Legend says, the album isn’t done yet.
Legend is now pushing the previously scheduled tour until next year, after Love in the Future is released.
Though fans that have already purchased tickets can get a refund, Legend still expressed his disappointment over canceling.
“I’ve never postponed a tour or done anything like this before,” Legend said. “I’ve only missed a show due to illness a couple times in my eight-year career. I don’t like letting my fans down, and I sincerely regret disappointing the thousands of you who have already spent your hard-earned money and gotten excited to see the show.”
That being said he promises he will make the wait worth it: “I’m going to get back to work and make sure we make this album the ‘best you’ve ever had.’”
We’re assuming he isn’t just referencing his single, “Tonight (Best You Ever Had)” from the Think Like a Man soundtrack.
For more information on Legend’s upcoming album and updated tour news go to the singer’s website.
- Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Pharrell and United Nations Foundation Team Up for International Day of Happiness 2014
- Listen to Michael Jackson’s Unreleased Song, ‘Slave to the Rhythm’
- Ke$ha Is Feeling Better and Ready to Make Music
- Musicians + Sports: American Authors on Baseball, the Red Sox and Kanye West’s Aquatic Calling
- Watch Kings of Leon Rate the Best Cheesesteaks of Philadelphia
- Interview: Hayley Williams on the Paramore Cruise, the Fall Out Boy Tour & Why She’ll (Probably) Never Go Solo