Watch: Brooklyn’s Barclays Center Gets Time Lapse Treatment During Construction
We’re pretty sure you, like we all do, wonder how construction workers, city planners, electricians, plumbers, contractors and the myriad of other workers pull together something as monstrous as the new Barclays Center, without disrupting the lives of thousands who live close by and the millions who commute in this big city.
Locals may remember that the new arena caused a bit of controversy when it was originally proposed nine years ago. The $1 billion venue has brought a professional sports team, the Brooklyn Nets, back to Brooklyn for the first time in more than 50 years, as well as concerts from some of your favorite artists, young and old.
A newly released time lapse video shows the venue’s construction through the years and seasons, spanning from the ground-breaking ceremony in March 2010 all the way up to today.
–Joe Cingrana, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Fans Call for Beyoncé to Boycott Dress Designer After Supposed Racist Comment
- Hozier Soundtracks LeBron James’ Return to Akron: Watch
- Interview: Gavin Rossdale on Bush, Gwen & Being Young and Dumb
- Taylor Swift Announces New Song ‘Welcome to New York': Listen to a Preview
- Coldplay to Release Live Album, DVD Called ‘Ghost Stories Live 2014′ This November
- Gwen Stefani Just Wants a Little Honesty on New Track, ‘Baby Don’t Lie': Listen