We’re pretty sure you, like we all do, wonder how construction workers, city planners, electricians, plumbers, contractors and the myriad of other workers pull together something as monstrous as the new Barclays Center, without disrupting the lives of thousands who live close by and the millions who commute in this big city.
Locals may remember that the new arena caused a bit of controversy when it was originally proposed nine years ago. The $1 billion venue has brought a professional sports team, the Brooklyn Nets, back to Brooklyn for the first time in more than 50 years, as well as concerts from some of your favorite artists, young and old.
A newly released time lapse video shows the venue’s construction through the years and seasons, spanning from the ground-breaking ceremony in March 2010 all the way up to today.
–Joe Cingrana, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Win Tickets To See The 1975 At MSG
- Win A $100 Party City Gift Card For The Ultimate Football Party
- The One Song Ed Sheeran Wishes He Kept For Himself
- Jackie Evancho on Inauguration Performance: ‘I’m Hoping that I Can Bring People Together’
- Ed Sheeran on Keeping ‘Shape of You’
- The Chainsmokers are Taking Their Moms to the GRAMMYs