Watch: Brooklyn’s Barclays Center Gets Time Lapse Treatment During Construction
We’re pretty sure you, like we all do, wonder how construction workers, city planners, electricians, plumbers, contractors and the myriad of other workers pull together something as monstrous as the new Barclays Center, without disrupting the lives of thousands who live close by and the millions who commute in this big city.
Locals may remember that the new arena caused a bit of controversy when it was originally proposed nine years ago. The $1 billion venue has brought a professional sports team, the Brooklyn Nets, back to Brooklyn for the first time in more than 50 years, as well as concerts from some of your favorite artists, young and old.
A newly released time lapse video shows the venue’s construction through the years and seasons, spanning from the ground-breaking ceremony in March 2010 all the way up to today.
–Joe Cingrana, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Stream John Mellencamp’s New Album, ‘Plain Spoken’
- Bono: ‘No One Has Deleted More U2 Songs in the Last Five Years Than the Members of U2′
- Radio.com Presents the 2014 Eventful Fan’s Choice Awards
- Enter To Win: Ariana Grande at MSG
- Listen to Queen’s ’80s Collaboration with Michael Jackson, ‘There Must Be More to Life Than This’
- Iranians Who Made Tehran ‘Happy’ Video Sentenced to Six Months in Jail, 91 Lashings