All dedicated Directioners know that there’s been trouble in paradise for the singer and longtime girlfriend Danielle Peazer. In an interview with The Sun, published on Tuesday, October 2, as part of the paper’s One Direction themed week, the singer appears to have confirmed their break up, saying, “Danielle is great, I really hope we can still be friends. I bought her a car for her birthday, but she really isn’t fussed by money or fame.”
Payne was recently seen out with a freshly shaved head, some say in reaction to the break-up.
The reason behind their break up is unclear, although Payne may have hinted at it having something to do with the amount and voracity of threats and abuse Peazer has received on Twitter. In talking about bandmate Zayn Malik, who quit and rejoined Twitter earlier this year after growing frustration with the network, “The only person I really worry about is Zayn, because I don’t think he’s quite accustomed to all of this. He’s had a terrible time on Twitter, as did Danielle.”
Other speculation is that the break-up is simply because the duties of One Direction don’t allow Payne enough time to have a girlfriend.
The Sun also reports that Peazer moved out of Payne’s house. Payne revealed to fans that the two were moving in together in June 2012 after nearly two years together.
The two met on the set of the X Factor Uk, where Peazer was a dancer. According to her profile on Twitter, she has also worked with Jessie J, Kylie Minogue, Taio Cruz and Leona Lewis. The latter is rumored to be a long-time crush of Payne.
-Courtney E. Smith, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Fresh 102.7’s Holiday Jam/Lexus VIP Experience Official Contest Rules
- Coldplay’s Chris Martin Reveals His Fasting Routine and Selling ‘The President’s First Album’
- Film Your Own ‘Hotline Bling’ Video in Toronto
- 6 Drake Collaborations We’d Like to See on ‘Views From the 6’
- Beyoncé to Launch New Clothing Line with Top Shop Owner Philip Green
- Watch Kelsea Ballerini Perform ‘Should’ve Been Us’ with Tori Kelly