At 70 years old, Aretha Franklin is making sure she is giving her body the R-E-S-P-E-C-T it deserves.
After having a mystery surgery two years ago for what was reported to be pancreatic cancer, the Queen of Soul has been trying to stay in shape. But you might be surprised how she lost over 85 pounds since 2011.
“I stay in great shape. I walk. I am very, very fit… walking K-Marts, the Superstores, Wal-Marts,” she told the Huffington Post. “I diet, I get my rest.”
But Aretha didn’t just start this fitness routine to help her drop a few pounds but to give her enough energy to be able to perform on stage.
“You have to stay in good shape,” she said. “I wondered how Mick Jagger could do all the running around that he did. And it’s because he stays in shape!”
The legend is also gearing up for a new biopic based on her autobiography Aretha: From These Roots. As for who could fill the role she has a few ideas.
“We’re thinking of Jennifer Hudson, Halle Berry, Audra McDonald,” she said. “But I’m also going to look in the director’s book for unknown names but people who are terrific and can do it.”
The film is scheduled to start shooting in May or June of 2013.
–Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Nick Jonas Seeks Fan Ambassadors
- Bahari: ‘Wolf Pack’ Trio Opens for Selena Gomez, Loves Black Sabbath
- Madonna Defends Her Billboard Prince Tribute
- Idina Menzel on Elsa Having a Girlfriend in ‘Frozen’ Sequel
- Justin Bieber Explains Why He Doesn’t Like Awards Shows
- Lady Gaga May Be Collaborating with Tame Impala