If Jack White is trying to garner buzz for his new album Blunderbuss, he sure is going about it in a strange way.
While performing a sold-out show at Radio City Music Hall on Saturday, White continuously insulted his audience, telling one man to stop clapping between songs, and announcing to the whole crowd “Jesus Christ, is this an NPR convention?” Apparently White was a wee bit peeved that his audience was more of the well-behaved crowd than the raucous standing on chairs, body surfing bunch.
After 45-minutes of berating his paying fans, White abruptly left the stage and didn’t come back. Confused concert goers assumed there was technical difficulty or that White would return for an encore, but after 20-minutes the lights were restored and ushers asked people to leave.
An angry mob of fans hung out around Radio City protesting the short concert and White’s diva-tastic behavior, becoming more upset when a pizza delivery guy showed up for White and his backstage crew.
Maybe he just stopped because he was hungry. I get cranky when I’m hungry too.
–Kimberly Rae Miller, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Beyoncé and Rita Ora Pose Together at Met Gala, Shut Down ‘Becky’ Rumors
- Bono and Lupita Nyong’o Dedicate Broadway Performance to Abducted Girls
- ‘Hamilton’ Sets All-Time Tony Nominations Record
- Kevin Durant was Surprised to Hear His Name in Drake’s Song
- 2016 Met Gala: Behind the Scenes with Music Royalty
- Pearl Jam to Release Single Featuring Beyoncé