Jack White Storms Out Of Radio City During Concert
If Jack White is trying to garner buzz for his new album Blunderbuss, he sure is going about it in a strange way.
While performing a sold-out show at Radio City Music Hall on Saturday, White continuously insulted his audience, telling one man to stop clapping between songs, and announcing to the whole crowd “Jesus Christ, is this an NPR convention?” Apparently White was a wee bit peeved that his audience was more of the well-behaved crowd than the raucous standing on chairs, body surfing bunch.
After 45-minutes of berating his paying fans, White abruptly left the stage and didn’t come back. Confused concert goers assumed there was technical difficulty or that White would return for an encore, but after 20-minutes the lights were restored and ushers asked people to leave.
An angry mob of fans hung out around Radio City protesting the short concert and White’s diva-tastic behavior, becoming more upset when a pizza delivery guy showed up for White and his backstage crew.
Maybe he just stopped because he was hungry. I get cranky when I’m hungry too.
–Kimberly Rae Miller, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Calm Down, Everyone: Phil Collins Isn’t Touring (Yet)
- Journey Call Out Website Promoting Tour They Never Booked
- One Direction’s Zayn Malik Got Birth Control Advice from Russell Brand
- Chris Stein’s Negatives: See 5 Awesome Photos of Blondie
- Watch Paul McCartney’s Star-Studded ‘Meat Free Mondays’ Music Video
- Charli XCX Pushes Back Album Because ‘Boom Clap’ Is Doing Too Well