Ellie Goulding Knows How To Keep A Royal Secret
In a time where it is easy to let the cat out of the bag via social media, U.K. singer Ellie Goulding is the exception. There were no Facebook status updates or tweets that even hinted at the big news of her being invited to perform at Prince William and Kate Middelton’s royal wedding back on April 29, 2011 at Westminster Abbey.
As the only artist invited to attend the event as well as perform, its clear that this pink-haired Brit can keep a secret.
Way before the royal engagement was announced to the public, Ellie received a personal invitation to perform at the couple’s reception party in Buckingham Palace. William and Kate are big fans of the singer’s debut album, Lights and couldn’t pass up the opportunity.
- Ellie Took Unconventional Recording Route For “Halcyon”
- Ellie’s Ready To Give Fans New Music
- Ellie Weighs In On Prince Harry’s Crown Jewels
- Photos: Ellie Goulding Visits Fresh 102.7
“I didn’t want to scream and shout about it. I just got a phone call at one point – they had already met me at festival and they’re just really big fans and they wanted an artist, that they like presumably, to play at their wedding reception,” Ellie said.
One of the more popular songs Ellie sang was her version of “Your Song,” which was written by Sir Elton John, a close friend of the royal family. Out of respect for all those involved, she kept all of the pre-wedding performance plans to herself.
“I didn’t tell anyone for a long time. But I’m not one of those people who would blurt it out anyway. I was very respectful. Even though it was a very big/huge publicized wedding it’s also just a wedding of two really cool people,” said Ellie.
Ellie is definitely BBFL material. Even to this day, she doesn’t like to give away any insider royal wedding info.
-Maria Bonello, Fresh 102.7
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Bono’s Sunglasses Are Not a Fashion Statement — He Has Glaucoma
- Mumford & Sons Back in the Studio for Third Album with Arctic Monkeys Producer James Ford
- Paramount Acquires Rights to Steamy Fanfiction Starring Harry Styles
- Paul McCartney Plays Pool in Lost Wings TV Ad: Watch
- Lena Dunham Says Taylor Swift’s New Bonus Track is Her ‘Someday Wedding Song’
- Yusuf/Cat Stevens Releases New Song ‘The Devil Came From Kansas': Listen