Food critic Michael Kaminer said “I came with an open mind, despite the fact that most of my colleagues have portrayed Joanne as the worst thing since herpes.”
Other highlights include a waiter revealing that the cheese the expensive Italian restaurant doles out is supplied by “whoever gets it to us cheapest.” Kaminer claimed the $18 fried calamari “arrive so sloppily plated that it look[ed] like the kitchen threw it back in the bowl after dropping it.” From a taste standpoint he said that the dish had more bread crumbs than it did squid.
If you’re an eggplant parmesan lover you’re probably better off in Little Italy, Joanne Trattoria’s $24 version is said to be ” a gloppy, sloppy, flavorless mess whose net effect is the culinary equivalent of old cars in a massive pileup.”
Dessert didn’t fare much better, espresso is “more like concentrated Sanka, but you’ll need it to avoid choking on a tiramisu cake ($14) whose desiccated base holds gelatinous cream tasting vaguely of plastic.”
Read the scathing review HERE.
Anyone up for Carmines?
–Kimberly Rae Miller, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Shawn Mendes and Camila Cabello Cover Ed Sheeran
- FM Magazine: Point Foundation – The National LGBTQ Scholarship Fund
- Kids Don’t Understand Nirvana’s ‘Smells Like Teen Spirit’ Lyrics
- Adele May Never Tour Again
- Maxwell Announces U.S. Tour Dates, Shares ‘Gods’ Video
- Jason Mraz Announces Summer Tour Dates