U.K. singer Ellie Goulding has gone down the unconventional route, by recording her second album, Halcyon, in an old, converted barn instead of a recording studio. She dares anyone to try and outdo her bizarre choice of expression.
“There were livestock running around, and it was in the middle of nowhere, but it’s a good place to write an album,” Ellie told Fresh 102.7/New York.
The singer also learned how to drive while recording the album and admits she is guilty of almost running over a few sheep that crossed her path.
- Ellie’s Ready To Give Fans New Music
- Ellie Weighs In On Prince Harry’s Crown Jewels
- Photos: Ellie Goulding Visits Fresh 102.7
“I was driving, literally uphill, to the top of a valley and I nearly ran over – several times ran over the sheep, because they wouldn’t get out of the way,” Ellie said.
With her album hitting the shelves on October 8th, and the hype surrounding her new single, “Anything Can Happen,” Ellie also announced a new set of tour dates via Twitter.
Since Ellie’s hit single “Lights” is nearly three years old she is excited for the next set of challenges on the road ahead.
“I’m SO ready,” she said with a big smile on her face.
But even though she may be getting a little sick of her own song, there’s still some life left in the track on this side of the pond. In fact, singer Debbie Harry has even added the song to the Blondie set list on their most recent tour.
“I didn’t believe it at first because she’s a legend, it’s pretty awesome, and pretty unreal,” Ellie said.
Ellie Goulding’s Halcyon will hit shelves on October 8th.
-Maria Bonello, Fresh 102.7/ New York
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- The One Song Ed Sheeran Wishes He Kept For Himself
- Jackie Evancho on Inauguration Performance: ‘I’m Hoping that I Can Bring People Together’
- Ed Sheeran on Keeping ‘Shape of You’
- The Chainsmokers are Taking Their Moms to the GRAMMYs
- Understanding the “Baby Shelf” with Karen and Jeffrey
- Meek Mill Challenges Drake to Boxing Match?