Lady Gaga Tackles Body Image Issues
It seems that her positive outlook sparked a huge conversation on her social media network littlemonsters.com. On the site, Mother Monster thanked her fans for knowing “the meaning of real beauty & compassion” while attributing a quote from Marilyn Monroe.
Days later she took to Twitter once again to tweet a photo of herself with the message “Body Revolution 2013.” The caption alongside her photo read “Bulimia and anorexia since I was 15.”
An overpowering amount of support has come from her fans, one even writing that she too has been struggling through relapse of eating disorders.
“I’ve been relapsing a lot lately and all I do is cry about my body . . . looking at this is making me strong. You inspire me. If you can be strong, I can too. Thank you for helping me,” Ida wrote.
In a poll we posted this week asking if Lady Gaga should speak out about body image issues an overwhelmingly 84% of the votes said yes. It seems that Gaga took this idea in stride as she created a new Twitter account on Tuesday called A Body Revolution 2013, later writing “But today I join the BODY REVOLUTION.”
With the aim to inspire bravery, breed compassion and show others struggling with anorexia and bulimia that there is a way to overcome, Gaga is playing her part in helping others and herself with something she’s been fighting for so long.
We’ve had literally thousands of submission to BODY REVOLUTION 2013 on littlemonsters.com. I’d like to give you applause, so happy.
— Lady Gaga (@ladygaga) September 26, 2012
-Annie Reuter, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Rock in Rio Comes to Vegas: Metallica, Linkin Park, Taylor Swift, No Doubt to Headline
- Lady Gaga After Tel Aviv Show: ‘The World View of Israel is Just Not Reality’
- Sam Smith Offers a Day in His Life with ‘Restart’ Video: Watch
- Beyoncé Handles Central Park Wardrobe Malfunction with Unparalleled Grace
- Hear Aretha Franklin’s Powerful Cover of Adele’s ‘Rolling in the Deep’
- Prince Announces Album Release Livestream Party