Katy Perry, Jennifer Hudson & Stevie Wonder For Prez Obama
The music stars are lining up for President Barack Obama. After being thrown a high profile fundraiser by hip-hop power couple Jay-Z and Beyonce, the campaigning POTUS will take center stage at the star-studded Oct. 7 concert “Thirty Days to Victory.”
The fundraising show, scheduled to be held at the Nokia Theater in Los Angeles, will feature performances by Jennifer Hudson, Stevie Wonder, Earth, Wind, & Fire, Katy Perry and Bon Jovi, according to Deadline.com. The President will also speak at the event with ticket prices ranging from $44 to $10,000. The latter hefty price will include a photo with President Obama and VIP treatment.
Doors are set to open at 2:30 p.m. For the Oscar and Grammy winning Hudson, the presidential performance is just another career highlight for the powerhouse singer-actress.
Recently, the Chicago native joined fellow Academy Award-winning music icon Prince onstage Tuesday (Sept. 25) during his sold-out, three-night residency at Chicago’s United Center.
Awh I got to sing with Prince tonight in my hometown, n walk up the purple hallway while prince was on stage singing purple rain!!! Dreaming
— Jennifer Hudson (@IAMJHUD) September 26, 2012
Hudson paired up with Prince for a memorable duet of “Nothing Compares 2 U” as part of the community benefit Rebuild The Dream.
—Keith Murphy, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Download ‘Yeezer’: A Kanye West and Weezer Mashup Album
- Justin Bieber & Floyd Mayweather do Karaoke, Just Like You
- Austin Mahone Pranks Fans at Madame Tussauds
- Trey & Ghia’s Celebrity Weekend Envy: Taylor Swift Reunites with an OG Squad Member + More!
- Gigi Hadid Opens Up about Taylor Swift, #SquadGoals
- Grace Jones on Lady Gaga, “I just didn’t feel a soul”