Looking for something different in the sea of reality TV singing competitions? will.i.am is too. So, he decided to do something about it.
Instead of creating another show for aspiring singers, he intends to make one that focuses on technology and science overachievers.
Last week will.i.am revealed his idea at Amsterdam’s IBC technology conference. He said talent found on reality singing shows is close to running its course. He feels instead that shifting to having the world’s best inventors competing each other would make for better TV — imagine the Iron Chef of motherboards.
“Every year, companies like Google need more innovators, but there is no content celebrating them,” he said. “The system thinks people are dumb and they don’t care. We have no desire to make them care. We need creative people working with broadcasters, making smart content to inspire people to be geniuses.”
Cited as “an American Idol for young wizards” and something that “will be great TV and great for society,” if will.i.am premiered his single on Mars we think he’ll find a way to get this show on air.
-Annie Reuter, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Adam Levine and Behati Prinsloo Officially Parents, But What’s Up With the Baby’s Name?
- Shawn Mendes Pokes Fun of Jimmy Fallon on ‘The Tonight Show’
- Adele on Quitting Smoking: ‘I’m Convinced That’s Made my Voice Weaker’
- Diddy Donates $1 Million to Howard University Scholarship Fund
- 5 Best Songs on Shawn Mendes’ ‘Illuminate’
- Justin Timberlake Revamps ‘Can’t Stop the Feeling!’ with James Corden, Gwen Stefani