Usher’s Ex Dishes On Bridesmaid Affair: “He Admitted To Sleeping With One Of The Two”
Usher’s ex-wife Tameka Foster is now giving shocking details into the former couple’s turbulent marriage. In a recent interview, the former celebrity stylist alleges that the R&B superstar slept with one of her bridesmaids before their wedding in 2007.
“He admitted to sleeping with one of the two,” Foster told ET. “It was a very disappointing revelation. I had suspected it for some time.”
But Foster said she doesn’t harbor resentment towards her one-time friend.
“I hate to say it, but I somewhat empathize with her,” she added of the incident. “She fell into somewhat of a trap. I think that she got very close to him as a result of being my friend and I feel like he used it to his advantage.”
Foster also touched on the running public perception that she is a gold digger and simply married a younger Usher for his fame and wealth.
“I think this is the typical stereotype,” she said. “If a woman who has lesser means — even if she is successful and hard-working and does her thing in her own right — marries someone, that’s what they call ‘marrying up,’ I guess. Someone who has more means or more money, they’re automatically a gold digger. The woman is always the gold digger. It’s kind of an insult to the men because it implies they’re not lovable.”
But one of the more heartfelt moments of the interview was Foster’s detailing of the death of her 11-year-old son from a previous relationship who died last July after being struck in the head by a jet ski.
“I’m still in shock,” Foster said of the tragedy. “I think this will probably be the greatest pain I will ever experience, losing him. But, it gave me strength beyond measure and it made me determined to fight for my other [children].”
—Keith Murphy, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt Releases First Photo As Edward Snowden in Oliver Stone Film
- Cher & Piers Morgan Feud on Twitter Over Older Pop Stars Wearing Fishnets
- Vince Vaughn & the Cast of ‘Unfinished Business’ Deliver Funny and Free Stock Photos
- ‘Call Me Maybe’ Actually Made It Hard for Carly Rae Jepsen to Get Someone’s Number
- Bobbi Kristina’s Lawyer Denies Reports of Family Reality Show
- Flo Rida Debuts ‘Once in a Lifetime’ Video, Shot at MLK Day Parade: Watch