Green Day Releases Raw Performance Video For ‘Stay The Night’
Needless to say, it’s been a rather eventful week for the guys of Green Day. Billie Joe Armstrong unleashed a barrage of punk rock rage and f-bombs onstage in Vegas, landing him in rehab for unknown substance abuse issues and canceling a slew of promo appearances, including a show at the Red Bull Sound Space in Los Angeles.
Still, the Green Day machine marches on, with the band’s long-awaited new album ¡Uno! being released yesterday (September 25), and already receiving rave reviews. To coincide with the album’s public debut, Billie Joe and the boys have revealed a new performance video for the song “Stay The Night.”
Unlike the more conceptual (and babe-laden) videos for “Kill The DJ” and “Oh Love,” the clip for “Stay The Night” is a classic Green Day performance, showing the punk-pop power trio blaze through the catchy new song in an empty warehouse.
With Green Day’s immediate plans on hold while Armstrong is in rehab, the singer will still appear on popular TV singing competition show The Voice as a mentor for Christina Aguilera’s team. According to MTV News, the scenes were shot over the summer, and will not be affected by Armstrong’s rehab stint.
–Scott T. Sterling, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- University of Pennsylvania Frat Suspended for Holiday Card with Beyoncé Sex Doll
- Calvin Harris Lands Spring Emporio Armani Campaign
- Madonna Denies Supposed Album Leak As Stolen ‘Unfinished Demos,’ ‘Form of Terrorism’
- Lorde, Skrillex, Rick Astley & Many More Attempt to Write the Greatest Song Ever: Watch
- Craig Wayne Boyd Wins Season 7 of ‘The Voice’
- Amy Adams Just Loves One Direction So Much: Watch