Kim’s Fashion Faux Pas: Are Khakis Dress Pants?!
I think khakis have their place but I don’t consider them dress pants… and, boy did this start a storm this morning with my partner, Jim!!
It’s funny. I think Jim dresses impeccably. He has amazing dress pants (and they aren’t super, high-end, ridiculously expensive slacks) and I consider him a very fashionable guy. But we really disagreed on khakis. I have nothing against khakis in general, but I think that if I am going to a wedding in a nice dress, that slacks are more appropriate than khakis.
Jim wholeheartedly and emphatically disagrees!! And so did most people we talked to… as a matter of fact, only one person was on my side when it came to my khaki opinion.
The original Donnybrook came first….and then Jall called to support his boy, Jim.
And, then, I thought my friend Michael would be on my side…he was the manager at a very high-end restaurant and a certified sommelier…but, once again, I was foiled in my khaki quest.
But, finally, a fashionista…Pamela Pekerman – an Accessories and Style Expert who is on TV (@pamelapekerman) – said she does not consider khakis dress pants either.
What do YOU think? Sound off on the appropriateness of khakis in the comments section below!
–Kim Berk, Fresh 102.7
Contact the Jim & Kim Show:
- Email Producer Craig at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Give Jim Douglas Golf Tips at: email@example.com
- Wake Up Kim Berk at 3am at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- ‘Like’ Jim & Kim On Facebook
- Bios: Get To Know Jim & Kim and Craig Too!
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- What Is Mariah Carey Working on with Justin Bieber and French Montana?
- #OnTheList with Xtine: 4 Musicians You Will Instantly Fall In Love With After One Listen
- Win Passes To The World Premiere of “The Man From U.N.CL.E.”
- Be in Pharrell’s Next Music Video, We’ll Tell You How
- Smokey Robinson to be Honored By Rock and Roll Hall of Fame