If you couldn’t get your hands on a ticket to Coldplay’s recent Mylo Xyloto tour, don’t worry. The band is bringing their latest world tour to you with a new live CD/DVD.
Coldplay Live 2012, due out November 20, was directed by Paul Dugdale, who directed Adele’s Live at Albert Hall show, and features footage from the band’s performances in Paris and Montreal this year, along with their headlining moment from the 2011 Glastonbury Festival.
Frontman Chris Martin says in their 16 years as a band, this tour behind their 5th studio album has been their favorite.
“It’s felt very uplifting right from the start; partly because we are proud of the music, the LED wristbands, the pyrotechnics, the lasers and all of that stuff,” Martin said in a statement. “But mainly because of the amazing audiences that we’ve been playing for. Over the years, our crowd has become more and more a part of the concert itself. They’re loud, diverse, full of soul, and make the songs sound much better than we can on our own. We wanted to try to bottle the incredible feeling that they give us, and hence our concert film.”
This is the band’s third live release and their first since putting out LeftRightLeftRightLeft in 2009, which was available for free through the band’s website.
While you wait though, check out the trailer for the upcoming release below.
- Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- GRAMMY Nominations Behind the Scenes: Lorde Takes a Bow, Arsenio Fires Back at Kanye
- And the GRAMMY Nominees Are: Jay Z, Kendrick Lamar, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis and Justin Timberlake
- GRAMMY Nominees 2014: The Full List
- R. Kelly Honors Nelson Mandela on ‘Arsenio Hall Show’
- Watch Daft Punk’s Video for ‘Instant Crush’ Featuring Julian Casablancas
- Interview: Travie McCoy Talks Collaborating with Jason Mraz on New Single, ‘Rough Water’