Taylor Swift Introduces New Song ‘Begin Again’ — Starts Countdown To Album Release
This morning, Taylor Swift previewed and personally introduced a brand-new, previously unheard song on Good Morning America. Titled “Begin Again,” the song will appear on Taylor’s upcoming fourth album, Red, which is set for release Oct. 22.
“Begin Again” will be available for purchase on iTunes starting at 12:01am on Tuesday, Sept. 25.
Standing in contrast to the high-energy pop dance beat of her current radio single, “We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together,” the new song, “Begin Again,” is a quieter, more even-tempoed ballad. Based on the 30-second preview heard on Good Morning America today, the song also has a more pronounced country flavor–including a mournful steel guitar. As opposed to “Getting Back Together”‘s empowered dance beats and party-friendly atmosphere, this song is more in the contemplative camp.
“It’s actually a song about kind of when you’ve gotten through a really bad relationship and you finally dust yourself off and go on that first date after a horrible breakup and the vulnerability that goes along with all of that,” explained Taylor, during her introduction to the song this morning.
The Good Morning America debut was part of promotional plan for Red, where Taylor will preview (in 30 second snippets) one song on the show each week, from today through release day (Oct. 22). Each new track will then be available exclusively through the iTunes store each week, leading up to the release date.
Below is the schedule for the Taylor Swift promotion, to help you keep track:
1. September 24th: Song #1 (“Begin Again”) was previewed on Good Morning America
September 25th: “Being Again” is available on iTunes at 12:01am
2. October 1st: Song #2 will be previewed on GMA between 7am and 9am ET/PT
October 2nd: Song #2 is available on iTunes at 12:01am
3. October 8th: Song #3 will be previewed on GMA between 7am and 9am ET/PT
October 9th: Song #3 is available on iTunes at 12:01am.
4. October 15th: Song #4 will be previewed on GMA between 7am and 9am ET/PT
October 16th: Song #4 is available on iTunes at 12:01am
October 22nd: Red is officially in stores, and Taylor will appear on Good Morning America for the album’s launch.
October 23rd: Taylor will return to Good Morning America for a live concert!
Phew! Got all that?
The first single from Red, “We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together,” is of course available on iTunes right now. Already a record-breaking hit, the single has reigned three weeks (so far) at No.1 on the all-genre Billboard Hot 100 chart, has reached No.1 at iTunes in 32 countries, and set a new record for the biggest digital sales week ever for a female artist.
Taylor also unveiled another new song, “Ronan,” during the recent Stand Up To Cancer telethon. There is no official word yet on whether “Ronan” will appear on Red, but it is also available as a single on iTunes.
– Kurt Wolff, CBS Local and Steven Koscik, US99.5/Chicago
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- 5 Facts We Learned About Kodaline’s New Album ‘Coming Up for Air’
- Hunter Hayes Performs Emotional Cover of Sam Smith’s ‘I’m Not the Only One': Watch
- Giorgio Moroder Announces First Album in 30 Years, Debuts Sia-Featuring Single: Listen
- Pitbull’s Next Album Is Called ‘Dale’ & Everything Is Right with the World
- Win a Trip to See Mumford & Sons in NYC: Play Pingo
- Wanna Be Fall Out Boy’s Assistant for a Day? Their ‘Uma Thurman’ Video May (or May Not) Deter You