In a fiery rant, Green Day’s Billie Joe Armstrong gave the producers hell when he thought the band’s set was being cut short. An enormous digital sign mounted to the back of the arena faced the artists announced their remaining time. In the middle of Green Day’s performance of “Welcome To Paradise,” frontman Billie Joe Armstrong noticed the countdown clock had a mere “1 Minutes” left.
The singer was rattled and chose to end the song abruptly saying “Ahh f*** this s***!” Armstrong stopped the music completely and called the audience’s attention to the countdown clock saying “Gimme a f****** break, one minute?! One minute f****** left? You’re gonna give me one f****** minute? Look at that f****** sign right there. One minute. Let me f****** tell you something. I’ve been around since f****** nineteen eighty f****** eight. You gotta be f****** kidding me. I’m not Justin Bieber you mother f******!
Watch the destruction on YouTube.
The band have released an official statement on their website announcing Armstrong’s intent to seek substance abuse help and decrying their own actions, offering apology to the festival organizers.
They also announced their need to postpone some upcoming promotional appearances around the album, including today’s performance in the KROQ Red Bull Sound Space.
— Jay Tilles, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Artists Send Support after Explosion at Ariana Grande Concert
- Explosion at Ariana Grande Concert Kills Fans at Manchester Arena
- Drake Gushes Over Céline Dion, Contemplates New Tattoo
- Nicki Minaj Helps Provide Clean Water to Village in India
- Lady Antebellum Cover ‘Hey! Baby’ for ‘Dirty Dancing’ Soundtrack
- Camila Cabello’s Solo Album Features Ed Sheeran Co-Written Song