Green Day Frontman Heads to Rehab
For a while there, Billie Joe Armstrong seemed like the world’s most wholesome rocker. Well, don’t expect to see him on Broadway again anytime soon, the Green Day frontman is heading to rehab after crowds watched him freak out on stage at a music festival in Las Vegas on Friday.
When Armstrong got word that their set was being cut short he stopped singing and performed an expletive fueled rant for the audience of the two-day multi-band concert, “One minute left, one minute (expletive) left. You’re gonna give me (expletive) one minute? … I’m not (expletive) Justin Bieber, you (expletives)!” he yelled (although Bieber was not part of the night’s festivities).
He then proceeded to smash his guitar to bits before exiting the stage.
While the band has a new album, UNO!, coming out this week, they announced and apologized on their Facebook page that they would be postponing promotional appearances while Billie Joe seeks treatment for a substance abuse problem, “Billie Joe is seeking treatment for substance abuse. We would like everyone to know that our set was not cut short by Clear Channel and to apologise to those we offended at the iHeartRadio Festival in Las Vegas. We regretfully must postpone some of our upcoming promotional appearances.”
Green Day has been performing together since 1987 (albeit the band members were 15 then, and 40 now), perhaps this little stint in rehab is the perfect marketing tool for a 25-year-old rock band.
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Pharrell and United Nations Foundation Team Up for International Day of Happiness 2014
- Listen to Michael Jackson’s Unreleased Song, ‘Slave to the Rhythm’
- Ke$ha Is Feeling Better and Ready to Make Music
- Musicians + Sports: American Authors on Baseball, the Red Sox and Kanye West’s Aquatic Calling
- Watch Kings of Leon Rate the Best Cheesesteaks of Philadelphia
- Interview: Hayley Williams on the Paramore Cruise, the Fall Out Boy Tour & Why She’ll (Probably) Never Go Solo