Five Songs We Wish Josh Groban Would Cover
Of course, Josh is no stranger to having a little fun with current pop stars–or working with Emmy’s host Jimmy Kimmel. In 2011 Josh turned Kanye West’s tweets like ”Fur pillows are hard to actually sleep on” into beautiful music for an episode of Jimmy Kimmel Live.
That got us thinking, what other songs could Groban make all his own?
While he’s been keeping busy working on his latest album (no official release date yet) and his own wine, we think he should take some time to work on Groban-izing these five songs.
Taylor Swift “We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together”
Add a little piano to this one and Josh could turn it into a tragic break-up tale about a persistent ex-girlfriend.
Mumford and Sons “I Will Wait”
Instead of copying the English folk band’s down-home sound, Josh slows down Mumford’s new single from their second album, Babel, due out September 24, with a little help from the New York Philharmonic orchestra. Then he calls in a favor to the choir from his alma mater, the Los Angeles County High School For the Arts, to help him channel those pitch perfect harmonies.
Demi Lovato “Give Your Heart a Break”
Josh could turn the X Factor judge’s dance song into something a little more bittersweet with help from an upright bass, a violinist and maybe a brass section. Plus, he could show off a little bit of the sass he brought to Kanye’s tweets.
The inspiring song could become even more so when he cuts out the dance beats and fills it in with a simple piano. And of course, shows off that opera singer range for the song’s chorus.
Psy “Gangnam Style”
Yeah, everyone’s trying their hand at this one, but Josh just has the pipes to make this a classical hit. Plus, who wouldn’t want to see him bust out some of Psy’s signature dance moves?
-Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Pharrell and United Nations Foundation Team Up for International Day of Happiness 2014
- Listen to Michael Jackson’s Unreleased Song, ‘Slave to the Rhythm’
- Ke$ha Is Feeling Better and Ready to Make Music
- Musicians + Sports: American Authors on Baseball, the Red Sox and Kanye West’s Aquatic Calling
- Watch Kings of Leon Rate the Best Cheesesteaks of Philadelphia
- Interview: Hayley Williams on the Paramore Cruise, the Fall Out Boy Tour & Why She’ll (Probably) Never Go Solo