LMFAO’s Redfoo, Sky Blu Split
In a surprising interview this week, LMFAO’s Redfoo made the announcement that he and SkyBlu won’t be performing together any time soon as they begin to take their careers in different directions.
“I feel like we’ve been doing this for so long, five or six years,” Redfoo, 37, explained to with news.com.au. And we’re kind of like saying, well, let’s just do what’s natural and just kind of explore that, instead of like forcing it all the time.”
Redfoo (Stefan Kendal Gordy), the son of Motown founder Berry Gordy, said he’s been coaching a junior tennis player in Las Vegas. He also said that he wants his own line of tennis clothing.
Regarding his solo career, the DJ frontman says, “I will always be making some kind of party music,” so don’t expect him to abandon well-known songs like “Party Rock Anthem” or “Sexy and I Know It.”
He added, “All the music that I’m going to make is always going to be LMFAO-ish…I love all the topics that we talk about.”
The duo’s debut album Party Rock was released in 2009 and nominated for Best Dance/Electronica Album at the Grammy Awards. Their second album, Sorry for Party Rocking, received international acclaim as well and surpassed four million units sold.
-Dan Schenek, 97.1 AMP Radio/Los Angeles
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Taylor Swift Wants Her Belly Button to Remain a ‘Mystery’
- Interview: Charli XCX on ‘Sucker,’ Working with Weezer and Chilling at the White House
- Beyoncé’s New Song ‘Ring Off’ Is a Tribute to Her Mom
- Metallica Unleash ‘Enter Sandman’ on Fourth Night of ‘Late Late Show’ Residency: Watch
- Bruno Mars & Mark Ronson Do Everything Wrong in ‘SNL’ Teaser: Watch
- One Direction Sit Down With ‘Ellen’ To Talk Taylor Swift, Bad Disguises & Weddings