Lady Gaga: Queen Of Pop Turned Rapper?
With all the glitz and glamour she has encountered during her reign of (The) Fame, it’s hard to believe that her rap lyrics are not about a day in the fabulous life of Gaga.
Gaga’s producer, DJ White Shadow, prompted fans earlier this week via Twitter to create lyrics for a “Trap” beat he mixed. Trap is a sub-genre of rap where an 808 Roland drum machine is used on the beat and vocals are resampled and the pitch is adjusted to extreme levels.
Extra bonus points for whoever writes a song about @ladygaga
— DJ WHITE SHADOW (@DJWS) September 19, 2012
The beat went up on his SoundCloud as he waited for the best song to roll in.
After a few hours later DJ White Shadow uploaded the finished song, claiming that the winner of the contest wished to remain anonymous.
The vocals were slow and slurred or pitched-down so that the rapper could not be identified. Cleverly, a random fan decided to re-upload the song, but with pitch levels adjusted back to normal revealing a female vocalist. It turned out to be none other than Lady Gaga, who had made her rap debut.
No one knows for certain if this track will be featured on her upcoming album ARTPOP. But one thing is for sure, this is just a slice of what’s to come from the pop queen.
-Maria Bonello, 92.3 NOW/New York
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Taylor Swift Wants Her Belly Button to Remain a ‘Mystery’
- Interview: Charli XCX on ‘Sucker,’ Working with Weezer and Chilling at the White House
- Beyoncé’s New Song ‘Ring Off’ Is a Tribute to Her Mom
- Metallica Unleash ‘Enter Sandman’ on Fourth Night of ‘Late Late Show’ Residency: Watch
- Bruno Mars & Mark Ronson Do Everything Wrong in ‘SNL’ Teaser: Watch
- One Direction Sit Down With ‘Ellen’ To Talk Taylor Swift, Bad Disguises & Weddings