How Is Your Italian? Can You Tell the Difference Between Romantic Prose or Boring Directions?
In honor of the Feast of San Gennaro we decided to test out our Italian… not that anyone on the morning show speaks any foreign language fluently (even though Jim tries to wow us with the Spanish he is learning from our garage attendant… he can almost find the bathroom en espanol!).
I went to the Feast earlier this week, unfortunately it was on the day of the 50mph winds and pouring rain, so I didn’t get enough Italian culture.
Emilio Sarullo to the rescue!
Emilio speaks fluent Italian and is a first generation born American… his parents are from Sicily. So he brought three paragraphs and read them in Italian and we had to guess whether they were romantic (romantico) or not (no romantico)…
It’s amazing how anything in a romance language sounds good – even if someone is asking you to take the garbage out! Clearly we couldn’t tell what is romantic and what is cooking in Italian! See how you do….
And now that you have heard the last passage, can you guess? Romantico or No Romantico…
Have you been down to the Feast yet this year? Better get your cannoli on before it’s too late!
–Kim Berk, Fresh 102.7
Contact the Jim & Kim Show:
- Email Producer Craig at: email@example.com
- Give Jim Douglas Golf Tips at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wake Up Kim Berk at 3am at: email@example.com
- ‘Like’ Jim & Kim On Facebook
- Bios: Get To Know Jim & Kim and CraigToo!
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Billboard Hot 100 Sets Record for Gridlock as ‘Happy’ Retains Top Spot
- 10 Women Who Should Headline Coachella In 2015
- Jay Z Is Bringing His Made in America Festival to the West Coast, While Still Keeping It In Philly
- Watch Taylor Swift Surprise a Fan at Her Bridal Shower
- Watch: Pharrell Cries As People Dance To “Happy”