Shakira To Become A (Soccer) Mom
Shakira (and her hips) never lie, so it’s no surprise that the singer couldn’t wait to share her pregnancy with all her fans.
On her website, Shakira posted a note letting everyone know the rumors were true, she’s expecting a baby with her soccer player boyfriend, Gerard Pique.
But along with all the good news came word that Shakira would have to cancel some of her upcoming performances including this weekend’s show in Las Vegas.
“As some of you may know, Gerard and I are very happy awaiting the arrival of our first baby!,” she wrote. “At this time we have decided to give priority to this unique moment in our lives and postpone all the promotional activities planned over the next few days.”
The mom-to-be might need a little rest; she’s currently working on her tenth studio album, her first since Sale el Sol in 2010. Shakira also announced she will be joining The Voice for its fourth season this spring.
– Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Chris Martin Walks Into a Bar, Plays Free Acoustic Show
- Did Rihanna Enact a Real Revenge Fantasy In the ‘BBHHM’ Video?
- Katherine Heigl and Alexis Bledel Star in Lesbian Love Story ‘Jenny’s Wedding': Watch
- You Will be Watching Music Videos Through Facebook Very Soon
- The New ‘Wet Hot American Summer’ Series Looks Funny and Very Twisted: Watch the Trailer
- Say Hello To Quasi Modo, the World’s Ugliest Dog