Oops, Britney Spears Takes Over ‘Glee’ Again
Tonight’s episode is another tribute to Ms. Spears.
Glee’s very own Brittany S. Pierce needs a little inspiration so she turns to her musical icon Britney Spears for a little help.
For the show’s second take on Brit’s music—the episode is aptly titled “Britney 2.0”—Brittany & the Cheerios tackle “Hold It Against Me,” paying perfect homage to the pop star’s killer dance moves.
The whole New Directions gang also stays true to the original for “Gimme More” off her 2007 album Blackout.
For “3” off of her 2009 The Singles Collection, the trio of Sam, Tina and Joe go heavy on the handclaps.
And the ladies get feisty for their rendition of “Womanizer.”
While Marley, or should we say the New Rachel, slows things down with the ballad “Everytime.”
Over in New York, Rachel tries to adjust to her new school with a little help from a new friend. She also pays tribute to Britney with her own version of “Oops I Did It Again,” which slows things down to give it a little R&B flavor.
But even though the show is dedicated to the music of Britney Spears they manage to get a few other acts in there too with some creative mashups like combining Brit’s “Boys” with Justin Bieber’s “Boyfriend” courtesy of Artie and Blaine.
They also combine “Crazy” by Aerosmith with Britney’s “(You Drive Me) Crazy” for a sweet duet between Marley and Jake. Is love in the air? We hope so.
The episode airs tonight at 9 pm on Fox.
- Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Pharrell Williams Draws from Manga, Video Games for ‘It Girl’ Video: Watch
- Rock in Rio Comes to Vegas: Metallica, Linkin Park, Taylor Swift, No Doubt to Headline
- Lady Gaga After Tel Aviv Show: ‘The World View of Israel is Just Not Reality’
- Sam Smith Offers a Day in His Life with ‘Restart’ Video: Watch
- Beyoncé Handles Central Park Wardrobe Malfunction with Unparalleled Grace
- Hear Aretha Franklin’s Powerful Cover of Adele’s ‘Rolling in the Deep’