Forty years ago this October, Stevie Wonder released one of his most classic albums to date, Talking Book, which featured No. 1 hits like “Superstition” and “You Are the Sunshine of My Life.” Now raspy-voiced R&B singer Macy Gray is releasing her own take on Talking Book’s ten tracks on October 30 (via 429 Records), Billboard reports.
Citing Talking Book as one of her favorite albums, Gray is calling her re-interpretation a “love letter” rather than mere covers. Then what would she call her last album, we wonder. Released back in May, Gray’s Covered was an eclectic collection of covers of hits by Eurythmics, Radiohead, Metallica and more.
Talking Book is classic material, yielding Wonder three Grammy Awards across the pop and R&B categories. It was released a mere six months after Wonder’s landmark Music of My Mind and was followed months later by Innervisions, considered by many to be Wonder’s greatest album. Relive the greatness of Talking Book with its more enduring hit, “Superstition,” performed by Wonder in 1973.
– Jillian Mapes, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Beyoncé and JAY-Z Buy $26 Million Hamptons Mansion
- Dave Matthews Band’s Boyd Tinsley Reflects On Concert For Charlottesville
- What’s The Meanest Thing Your Kid Has Ever Said To You?
- Ed Sheeran Goes Big: Reveals 2018 Stadium Tour, MTV ‘TRL’ Premiere
- Liam Payne’s “Bedroom Floor” Is Coming The Same Day As Niall Horan’s ‘Flicker’
- Jennifer Lopez Donates $1 Million to Puerto Rico Following Hurricane