Macy Gray To Cover Stevie Wonder’s ‘Talking Book’ Album
Forty years ago this October, Stevie Wonder released one of his most classic albums to date, Talking Book, which featured No. 1 hits like “Superstition” and “You Are the Sunshine of My Life.” Now raspy-voiced R&B singer Macy Gray is releasing her own take on Talking Book’s ten tracks on October 30 (via 429 Records), Billboard reports.
Citing Talking Book as one of her favorite albums, Gray is calling her re-interpretation a “love letter” rather than mere covers. Then what would she call her last album, we wonder. Released back in May, Gray’s Covered was an eclectic collection of covers of hits by Eurythmics, Radiohead, Metallica and more.
Talking Book is classic material, yielding Wonder three Grammy Awards across the pop and R&B categories. It was released a mere six months after Wonder’s landmark Music of My Mind and was followed months later by Innervisions, considered by many to be Wonder’s greatest album. Relive the greatness of Talking Book with its more enduring hit, “Superstition,” performed by Wonder in 1973.
- Jillian Mapes, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Watch the Official ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Trailer
- Watch Jimmy Fallon Lead a Drunken Singalong of ‘Piano Man’
- Sia, Maddie Ziegler Help Ellen Celebrate Her Birthday with ‘Elastic Heart': Watch
- Before ‘Ted': Hollywood’s History of Talking Animal Movies
- ‘Ted 2′ Trailer: Watch
- Nickelback’s Chad Kroeger Is Working with Members of One Direction on Music