Nicki Minaj & Mariah Carey Deny ‘American Idol’ Judges Feud, Darling
This season’s American Idol judges, Mariah Carey and Nicki Minaj, seem to be getting in each other’s diva hair already on the show, as the two were seen fighting to speak over one another during a contestant’s critique at the NYC taping on Sunday.
A TMZ spy who allegedly saw the whole thing admitted that they got the impression that “these girls just don’t like each other.”
Mariah even hinted at the awkwardness everyone’s been gossiping about in their first Idol taping on Twitter.
#idol NY auditions – several classic moments so far lol
— Mariah Carey (@MariahCarey) September 16, 2012
But at a press conference in the Big Apple on Tuesday, the ladies seem to have put their troubled past behind them.
When asked how the judges are getting along, Nicki, with a very convincing facial expression and her sometimes-British accent, said “We’re getting along wonderfully, darling,” drawing laughter and looks from fellow judge Keith Urban.
When pressed further about the feuding that’s been reported Mariah jumped in, saying “How we gonna feud in two days? A feud takes a little longer to… spread out. It’s fun, it’s music, it’s singing, it’s laughter.”
Randy Jackson, for no reason at all, chimed in with “We’re just having fun, dude!”
-Joe Cingrana, 92.3 NOW/NYC
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- 5 Facts We Learned About Kodaline’s New Album ‘Coming Up for Air’
- Hunter Hayes Performs Emotional Cover of Sam Smith’s ‘I’m Not the Only One': Watch
- Giorgio Moroder Announces First Album in 30 Years, Debuts Sia-Featuring Single: Listen
- Pitbull’s Next Album Is Called ‘Dale’ & Everything Is Right with the World
- Win a Trip to See Mumford & Sons in NYC: Play Pingo
- Wanna Be Fall Out Boy’s Assistant for a Day? Their ‘Uma Thurman’ Video May (or May Not) Deter You