‘Fifty Shades’ Author Talks About Future Movie Plans
At a recent event in New York City celebrating the release of the Fifty Shades of Grey soundtrack, the trilogy’s author E.L. James talked about who should be cast in the upcoming movie.
When she got word that there were studios interested in the film rights to the trilogy she was shocked.
“When I got the first email asking about the film rights, I nearly fell off my chair; it was a huge Hollywood agency!” she said.
Once fans got word of a movie in the works, they started thinking about who would make the best Christian Grey. Already names like Jake Gyllenhaal, Channing Tatum and Ryan Gosling have been added to the list of possibilities.
But when it comes to who should play the title role, the mother of two chooses to stay out of it.
“It gets messy,” she said. “You might end up with somebody else [other than who I suggested].”
James also doesn’t want to disappoint her loyal fans, who she says are the only reason for her success.
“The books are my fantasy,” she explained. “I wrote them for me, really, and the wonderful thing about doing this is they seem to be other peoples’ fantasies, so I’m not such a pervert.”
The author is heading out on a six city book tour kicking off tonight (September 19) in Houston, Texas.
Who would you like to see cast in the upcoming movie?
– Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Sheryl Crow to Perform National Anthem at the First Democratic Debate
- Mathew Knowles Offers Seminar on How to Be Like Beyoncé
- Beyonce’s Dad Teaching A Course On How To Become Beyonce
- Is Taylor Swift Taking a Break From Music?
- Why Is No One Illegally Downloading Taylor Swift?
- Taylor Swift is Done with Public Feuds