Annie Lennox Gets Married To American Doctor
Congratulations are definitely in order for Annie Lennox. The singer was married last weekend to American doctor, Mitch Besser.
Annie took to Facebook to thank fans for their congratulatory messages. She also posted a photo of herself and her new husband signing off as Mrs. Lennox Besser.
The two reportedly met in 2009 through his charity, mothers2mothers, that is based in Africa and looks to reduce mother-to-child HIV transmission. A cause that is also close to the singer’s heart, who has raised money for HIV charities, including Besser’s, throughout her career.
The ceremony took place on a private boat on the Thames River with the bride wearing a long white gown and a vintage headpiece, reported People. Her daughters, 22-year-old Lola and 19-year-old Tali were her bridesmaids.
Lennox was previously married to German Hare Krishna devotee Radha Raman and Israeli film producer Uri Fruchtmann, who is the father of her two daughters.
- Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Matt Nathanson Partners with Starkey Hearing Foundation to Raise Awareness for the Hearing Impaired
- #InThatOrder: Ranking Maroon 5 Albums From Worst To Best
- Ariana Grande Started Questioning Catholicism After Brother Came Out as Gay
- One Direction Announce 2015 Stadium Tour
- Iggy Azalea Takes on the Haters with ‘Iggy SZN': Listen
- Katy Perry Canceled 30th Birthday Celebration in Egypt Due to ‘Safety Concerns’