This Week On FM Magazine: Winthrop University Hospital Diabetes and Obesity Institute
Deb Gordon’s guest was Virginia Peragallo-Dittko, RN, BC-ADM, CDE, FAADE, who is also the Executive Director of the Diabetes and Obesity Institute at Winthrop University Hospital which contains the oldest diabetes research center in the United States.
Ms. Peragallo-Dittko has extensive knowledge about the issue of diabetes and provided data about the disease and the different types of diabetes, as well as the best prevention and detection methods. Also discussed were the many myths associated with diabetes and Winthrop University Hospital’s efforts to dispel those myths.
Spotlighted the services available at Winthrop University Hospital to help educate the community about diabetes and the need for increased awareness about the issue. Ms. Dittko also encouraged the community to get involved in their family members and friends diabetic care and offer support to help them better manage their health.
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Jay Z & Beyonce Outbid for L.A. Mansion By the Minecraft Guy
- 2014 In Review: Weddings, Deaths & Final Acts
- 7 Lawsuits Filed Against South by Southwest After Deadly Car Crash
- Are You Ready for Beyoncé’s Christmas Card?
- Amy Adams Hangs Some Mistletoe in Front of One Direction in ‘SNL’ Promo: Watch
- Watch Stephen Colbert’s All-Star Goodbye to ‘The Colbert Report’