Deb Gordon’s guest was Virginia Peragallo-Dittko, RN, BC-ADM, CDE, FAADE, who is also the Executive Director of the Diabetes and Obesity Institute at Winthrop University Hospital which contains the oldest diabetes research center in the United States.
Ms. Peragallo-Dittko has extensive knowledge about the issue of diabetes and provided data about the disease and the different types of diabetes, as well as the best prevention and detection methods. Also discussed were the many myths associated with diabetes and Winthrop University Hospital’s efforts to dispel those myths.
Spotlighted the services available at Winthrop University Hospital to help educate the community about diabetes and the need for increased awareness about the issue. Ms. Dittko also encouraged the community to get involved in their family members and friends diabetic care and offer support to help them better manage their health.
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Bruno Mars Brings The Party with ’24K Magic’ [Interview]
- Taylor Swift’s ‘Fearless’ Continued Her Country Reign
- Dr. Luke Disputes Aspects of Kesha’s New York Times Profile
- Katy Perry Shades Taylor Swift at Kanye West Concert
- Kesha Has Written 22 New Songs
- Jay Z Bids on Prince’s Unreleased Music: Report