This Week On FM Magazine: Winthrop University Hospital Diabetes and Obesity Institute
Deb Gordon’s guest was Virginia Peragallo-Dittko, RN, BC-ADM, CDE, FAADE, who is also the Executive Director of the Diabetes and Obesity Institute at Winthrop University Hospital which contains the oldest diabetes research center in the United States.
Ms. Peragallo-Dittko has extensive knowledge about the issue of diabetes and provided data about the disease and the different types of diabetes, as well as the best prevention and detection methods. Also discussed were the many myths associated with diabetes and Winthrop University Hospital’s efforts to dispel those myths.
Spotlighted the services available at Winthrop University Hospital to help educate the community about diabetes and the need for increased awareness about the issue. Ms. Dittko also encouraged the community to get involved in their family members and friends diabetic care and offer support to help them better manage their health.
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Phil Collins Calls Adele ‘A Slippery Little Fish’ After Supposed Album Snub
- Style Files: Kim Cesarion on Suits and Stockholm Fashion
- Sam Smith Pulls Surprise Guest Ed Sheeran for ‘Stay With Me’ Duet: Watch
- Interview: Usher Talks ‘UR Experience’ Tour, ‘Hands of Stone,’ Bieber and Strippers
- Taylor Swift Says She Was ‘Never Taught the Definition of Feminism’ as a Little Girl, Wishes She Had Been
- This Taylor Swift/Beyoncé Mashup Will Change Your Life