It’s been a strenuous 2012 for Beach Boys mastermind Brian Wilson, and many have expressed concerns over the 70-year-old’s health as he’s toured the globe with his reunited band. Now, Wilson has penned a note to fans reacting to this, and more importantly, revealing hereditary back problems and recent surgery.
Apparently Wilson had surgery before the Boys hit the road this spring for their 50th anniversary tour. Just this week, he had the “cutting edge” procedure redone, following the wrap of the Beach Boys’ overseas tour dates.
Read the full text of Wilson’s message below, which first appeared on his official Tumblr blog:
I’ve been reading the posts where some of you are concerned about my health in general.
I want to let you know that before the Beach Boys 50th tour started I was having some lower back issues right around the time we performed on the Grammys in February. This is the same type of problem that Carl used to suffer from, it’s hereditary. But being able to tour with the Boys again meant so much to me that I wouldn’t have missed it for the world. Luckily, I was able to get this new cutting edge procedure that totally worked. But after this last run in Australia it came back and I had the procedure redone this week.
I feel so much better already and can’t wait to get back to my second home, London!!
See you soon
Love & Mercy
– Jillian Mapes, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Linkin Park Fans Create Message of Support Ahead of Chester Bennington Tribute
- Michelle Williams Gets Candid on Battle with Depression, Suicidal Thoughts
- Kelly Clarkson Debuts New Track ‘Meaning of Life’
- Katy Perry Got Stuck On a Floating Prop at Her Nashville Show: Watch
- Charlie Puth Can’t Stop Dancing in ‘How Long’ Music Video
- Taylor Swift Teases New Single ‘Gorgeous’