According to The Sun, Adele was spotted at Abbey Road studios earlier this month. Coincidentally, so was composer Thomas Newman (The Newsroom, The Help) who is doing the score for the upcoming Bond film, Skyfall.
Last year, rumor had it Adele was working on the closing credits theme for the twenty-third installment of Bond franchise. The singer even hinted at the possibility herself when she appeared on The Jonathan Ross Show saying she was planning on heading into the studio to work on a theme.
As host, Jonathan Ross began humming the Bond theme song, she laughed before telling him she wasn’t working on a new album, but “just one song.”
The latest Bond movie, directed by Sam Mendes, starts off where the last one, 2008’s Quantum of Solace, left off: with the assumption that James Bond (played by Daniel Craig) is dead. After the identities of every MI6 agent is leaked on the Internet though, Bond shows up ready to figure out who the culprit is and M’s role in it all. This is Craig’s third turn playing Bond.
If it is in fact true that Adele is working on the new theme for the movie it will be her first new song since releasing 21 in 2011.
She would also join a whole list of other singers who have lent their voice to the Bond franchise including Paul McCartney, Madonna, Sheryl Crow, Alicia Keys and Carly Simon who recorded “Nobody Does It Better” for 1977’s The Spy Who Loved Me.
Check out the trailer for Skyfall, in theaters November 9, below.
– Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Taylor Swift, Katy Perry and More Turn Up for Drake’s Birthday
- Justin Bieber Is Scolding Screaming Fans… Again!
- The Chainsmokers Get ‘Closer’ with Halsey in New Video
- Listen to Pharrell’s Sultry New Track ‘Runnin’
- Carson and Cane’s Couple’s Court: ‘My Dating Life Isn’t Your Next Film Script’
- DJ Khaled Snapchats Birth of Son, Blasts His Music in Delivery Room