Tonight’s premiere of Glee, airing on its new night and time, allows fans to catch up with all their favorite characters after a summer of big changes.
Some characters are still finishing up high school in Ohio; others are pursuing their dreams in New York. But no matter where they’re located, they’re ready to sing about it.
For an episode called “The New Rachel” we get to see Rachel Berry (Lea Michele) as she starts her freshman year in the Big Apple. In honor of her recent move she does her own version of Billy Joel’s “New York State of Mind.”
With a new location, comes a new cast of characters who are joining her like Kate Hudson, playing her dance instructor, Cassandra July.
Unfortunately, Rachel isn’t quite the star she was back home and Cassandra is quick to tell her.
“[She’s] a really nasty, fun character,” Kate told Access Hollywood. “She definitely is very petty and fun, but she’s got a good arc. She goes somewhere.”
The rest of the gang at McKinley High comes together for a version of Adele’s first single from her 2008 album 19,“Chasing Pavements.
They get emotional on The Fray’s “Never Say Never” from the band’s 2009 self-titled album.
While Blaine (Darren Criss) takes the lead on “It’s Time” from Las Vegas band, Imagine Dragons.
And of course, Glee does its own rendition of Carly Rae Jepsen’s “Call Me Maybe,” officially ending the need for any more versions of this summer hit ever.
Check out the season premiere tonight at 9 PM on Fox and let us know which song is your favorite.
– Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Drake on Adele’s ‘Hotline Bling’ Remix Offer: “I’ll Do Anything with Adele”
- Chris Brown Pledges to Donate Portion of ‘Royalty’ Pre-Orders for Christmas
- Erykah Badu Shades Iggy Azalea at Soul Train Music Awards: “What You’re Doing Is Definitely Not Rap”
- Win Walt Disney Records’ The Legacy Collection
- Win A Disney Holiday Gift Basket
- Win Passes To The NYC Premiere of ‘Daddy’s Home’