The Five Best ‘Glee’ Performances From Last Season
Last season of Glee ended on a sad note with some of our favorite characters like Rachel (Lea Michele) and Kurt (Chris Colfer) moving out of Ohio to pursue their dreams, while other members of New Directions complete their final years at McKinley High.
All this action means there’s going to be a lot of changes come season four, premiering tomorrow night at 9 pm.
First, the show is now splitting its time between Ohio and New York City, where Rachel is attending a performing arts college. They’re also adding new characters and some high profile guest stars like Kate Hudson, who will make her debut tomorrow night as Rachel’s dance teacher.
While we prepare ourselves for all this change, we look back at some of our favorite performances from last season.
“How Will I Know” by Whitney Houston
In an episode dedicated to the music of the late Whitney Houston the show slowed this usually bouncy tune down to make it a heartbreaking tale of unrequited love.
“Shake It Out” by Florence and the Machine
Most people have heard “Dog Days Are Over” from the band, but the show decided to highlight another song from Florence, this one from her latest album, 2011’s Ceremonials. For “Shake It Out” the ladies of Gleeshowed off their angelic voices to speak out about domestic abuse.
“I Can’t Go For That (No Can Do)”/ “You Make My Dreams Come True” by Hall & Oates
New Directions pokes a little fun at John Oates’ famous mustache in this mash-up that makes us feel like we’re back in the ’80s and Miami Viceis still a thing.
“What Doesn’t Kill You (Makes You Stronger)” by Kelly Clarkson
Kelly Clarkson would be proud with this fierce take on her power anthem that gets everyone out of their seats.
Catch the season premiere, Thursday, September 13 at 9 pm on Fox.
- Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Mr. Big Drummer Pat Torpey Diagnosed with Parkinson’s
- Madonna, Diplo Rework ‘La Isla Bonita’ to Mention Major Lazer in Dub Plate Remix: Watch
- Katy Perry Does the Ultimate #tbt in Lyric Video for ‘This Is How We Do’: Watch
- Questlove Defends Iggy Azalea, Calls ‘Fancy’ the Song of the Summer
- Beyoncé Strips Down ‘Crazy In Love’ For Steamy ‘Fifty Shades of Grey’ Trailer
- Jack White to Headline Farm Aid 2014 Alongside Neil Young, Willie Nelson, John Mellencamp & Dave Matthews