The exclusive fundraiser is set for September 18 and will cost $40,000 per ticket, according to the New York Post.
The connection between President Obama and Jay-Z goes back to his first run for the Oval office when Jay-Z recorded get-out-the-vote phone messages. At the Made In America festval that took place on Labor Day weekend, President Obama was featured in a taped video during Jay-Z’s set.
Beyonce has also shown her public support for the President and the First Lady. Mrs. Obama recently closed her DNC speech with a tune from Beyonce and has admitted that she often exercises to Bey’s music.
The Grammy-winning performer expressed her love for Michelle in a letter she posted on her website calling Mrs. Obama “the ultimate example of a truly strong African American woman.” She also appeared in an ad for the President’s re-election campaign and has trumpeted Michelle Obama’s childhood health initiative, “Let’s Move,” which fights childhood obesity and ensures that families can afford healthy, affordable food.
—Keith Murphy, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Eva Longoria Performs Flo Rida’s ‘Low’ on ‘Lip Sync Battle’
- Sia, P!nk, Eddie Vedder Cover Beatles Songs in Netflix Series
- Halsey Hates Being Called ‘Tri-Bi’
- Gwen Stefani to Perform Live Music Video During GRAMMYs
- Protesters to Clash Over Beyoncé at NFL Headquarters
- Paul McCartney Creates Audio Mojis for Valentines Day