How Much Do You Know About Trading On Wall Street? Ed Kelso To the Rescue!
I ask because my partner Jim and I know absolutely nothing!
Now, in our daily dealings in the radio world, we don’t really need to know much about money instruments, the national debt or hedge funs. Nonetheless, BGC Partners has asked us to join them on their New York Charity Day 2012 where we get on the phone with their biggest clients and help raise money for our charity… Building Homes for Heroes.
So, we needed a broker who could give us a crash course in what to say (and NOT say) to their clients…
So, Ed Keslo drew the short straw and he tried to teach two knuckleheads who are on the radio the things we would need to know about being brokers for the day…and it turns out he was much funnier than we are!!
Here are some quotes and information to take away, courtesy of Ed Kelso:
Trading is not rocket science…
“It should take you a whole of maybe 30 seconds to get the whole thing figured out. Just don’t play in the parks of Occupy Wall Street, then they’ll really want a mark down,” said Ed Kelso.
Ed is fairly confident that Jim and Kim can grasp the concept without scaring away any potential clients or losing funds for the charity.
“We do nothing more than make our clients upset everyday. We’ll work you through everything. Like I said, we’re trained professionals; Highly skilled,” said Kelso.
No longer having an expense account, Ed jokingly warned Jim and Kim not to use the words “FCC” or “Obama” when speaking to clients. He did, however, offer some advice on words they could use to help their cause.
“Some smart words we could make you use: buy, sell and then you’re a genius. Thats all you need to know. If you could handle those two you’re set,” said Ed.
Ed and his co-workers trade the national debt. On a single day, they begin trading at $1billion and could go up to anywhere from $80 to $100 billion.
“Trust me is sounds a whole lot better than it does. Now if we could just get them to pay us that!”
–Kim Berk & Maria Bonello, Fresh 102.7
Contact the Jim & Kim Show:
- Email Producer Craig at: email@example.com >
- Give Jim Douglas Some Golf Tips at: firstname.lastname@example.org >
- Wake Up Kim Berk at 3am at: email@example.com >
- ‘Like’ Jim & Kim On Facebook >
- Bios: Get To Know Jim & Kim and Craig Too >
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Jessie J Announces New Album ‘Sweet Talker’
- Nico & Vinz Announce U.S. Debut Album ‘Black Star Elephant’
- Steven Tyler Contributes Vocals to ‘Sin City’ Soundtrack: Hear ‘Skin City’
- Florida Georgia Line, Ed Sheeran ‘Both Want’ to Collaborate
- Will Ice Bucket Challenge Lead to Jon Bon Jovi/Richie Sambora Reunion?