Jay-Z Shares His Fatherly Advice For Blue Ivy
In the article, Jay talks about growing up in the project houses of Brooklyn and how his childhood prepared him for the roughness of his neighborhood.
Jay says that he used to get into fights with his brother, but it was all for a good cause.
“My brother would beat me up,” he says. “[But] I was going to have to fight, I was going to have to go through some things, and they were preparing me.”
While Jay was forced to fight, his eight month old baby girl with Beyoncé will not have to worry about throwing any punches. But that doesn’t mean he’s going to take it easy on his baby girl.
“She doesn’t have to be tough,” he said. “She has to love herself, she has to know who she is, she has to be respectful, and be a moral person.”
You got all that Blue?
- Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Stream John Mellencamp’s New Album, ‘Plain Spoken’
- Bono: ‘No One Has Deleted More U2 Songs in the Last Five Years Than the Members of U2′
- Radio.com Presents the 2014 Eventful Fan’s Choice Awards
- Enter To Win: Ariana Grande at MSG
- Listen to Queen’s ’80s Collaboration with Michael Jackson, ‘There Must Be More to Life Than This’
- Iranians Who Made Tehran ‘Happy’ Video Sentenced to Six Months in Jail, 91 Lashings