Jay-Z Shares His Fatherly Advice For Blue Ivy
In the article, Jay talks about growing up in the project houses of Brooklyn and how his childhood prepared him for the roughness of his neighborhood.
Jay says that he used to get into fights with his brother, but it was all for a good cause.
“My brother would beat me up,” he says. “[But] I was going to have to fight, I was going to have to go through some things, and they were preparing me.”
While Jay was forced to fight, his eight month old baby girl with Beyoncé will not have to worry about throwing any punches. But that doesn’t mean he’s going to take it easy on his baby girl.
“She doesn’t have to be tough,” he said. “She has to love herself, she has to know who she is, she has to be respectful, and be a moral person.”
You got all that Blue?
- Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Fans Call for Beyoncé to Boycott Dress Designer After Supposed Racist Comment
- Hozier Soundtracks LeBron James’ Return to Akron: Watch
- Interview: Gavin Rossdale on Bush, Gwen & Being Young and Dumb
- Taylor Swift Announces New Song ‘Welcome to New York': Listen to a Preview
- Coldplay to Release Live Album, DVD Called ‘Ghost Stories Live 2014′ This November
- Gwen Stefani Just Wants a Little Honesty on New Track, ‘Baby Don’t Lie': Listen