Cee Lo Green is adding his voice to a comedy show. The Grammy-winning singer-songwriter and the Voice judge has signed a deal with NBC to star in a family sitcom that hits close to home.
The show will be loosely based on the real life of the former Goodie Mob member, according to Hollywood Reporter. Ali Leroi, a co-creator of Everybody Hates Chris and Are We There Yet? will handle writing-duties for the as yet untitled program. The new show will fall under CeeLo’s Emerald Production, which has a deal with NBC.
Cee Lo is no stranger to the acting world. He recently appeared in the musical film drama Sparkle and he appeared on the TV Land sitcom The Soul Man. He has also done voice work in the upcoming animated film Hotel Transylvania, due out September 28.
Cee Lo is not turning his back on music. On February 27, the flamboyant performer is scheduled to kick off his Las Vegas residency being dubbed Cee Lo Green is LOBERACE. The performances will take place at the Las Vegas’ Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino.
—Keith Murphy, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- GRAMMY Nominations: 7 Bizarre Matchups
- Rihanna Stoked by Multiple GRAMMY Nominations
- Drake’s NYC OVO Flagship Store Opens This Weekend
- Win Passes For Lucasfilms’ ‘Rogue One: A Star Wars Story’ Advanced Screening
- John Legend and ‘Sesame Street’ Send Love to Daughter Luna
- Listen: Lindsey Stirling’s Awesome Remake of Hans Zimmer’s ‘The Dark Knight Rises’ Theme