For their first ever MTV Video Music Awards appearance British boy band One Direction did pretty well for themselves. The boys won all the categories they were nominated for including Best Pop Video for “What Makes You Beautiful,” Best New Artist, and the Most Share Worthy Video.
The band was in a close race for the win for the Most Share Worthy Video with Justin Bieber but beat out the Biebs, possibly ending his reign as one of the favorite boys in the business.
Meanwhile, Rihanna took home the top prize of the night: Video of the Year. Winning for her video “We Found Love” featuring Calvin Harris it turns out the Barbadian singer forgot to thank the DJ in her acceptance speech.
Walking up to the stage in a gorgeous white gown, Rihanna jumped up and down after she received her Moonman while Drake looked on with all smiles.
“MTV thank you so much. But most importantly my fans, thank you so much for voting. Rihanna Navy. It’s Navy or die!” she said. “It’s me and you till I go. I wanted to thank so much my management, everybody on my team, my glam squad, Melina for making this amazing video with me. I love you guys. Thank you. This is awesome!”
While she thanked her director Melina Matsoukas she forgot to thank one person in particular: Calvin Harris, but he didn’t seem to mind too much.
— Calvin Harris (@CalvinHarris) September 7, 2012
-Annie Reuter, CBS Local
- Photos: One Direction Performs @ the 2012 VMAs
- Photos: Pink Performs @ The 2012 VMAs
- Photos: Rihanna & A$AP Rocky Perform At The 2012 VMAs
- Photos: Taylor Swift Performs At The 2012 VMAs
- Photos: Alicia Keys Performs At The 2012 VMAs
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Coldplay’s Chris Martin Reveals His Fasting Routine and Selling ‘The President’s First Album’
- Film Your Own ‘Hotline Bling’ Video in Toronto
- 6 Drake Collaborations We’d Like to See on ‘Views From the 6’
- Beyoncé to Launch New Clothing Line with Top Shop Owner Philip Green
- Watch Kelsea Ballerini Perform ‘Should’ve Been Us’ with Tori Kelly
- Watch Ellie Goulding Sing a Country Version of ‘Love Me Like You Do’