Lady Gaga Invents New Wig, Meat Dress Lands In Museum
Known for her unique wardrobe and live shows, Lady Gaga has added a new invention to the mix: a fiber optic wig.
The latest invention in the Haus of Gaga, Mother Monster’s wig was handmade by Frederic Aspiras. She took to Twitter and YouTube to describe just how the idea came about.
“We’ve been working on it for over six months,” Gaga said in a video. “We are going to light it up for you so you can see.”
The blonde wig has lighting interwoven so in addition to acting as one of Lady Gaga’s many hair pieces it will also be an eye-catching addition to her live performance.
“The wig is made out of a mixture of real human hair and the finest fiber optics in existence. They move like real hair,” Gaga revealed.
But that’s not all.
“The hair was inspired by taking a Disney princess and putting her in a rave. It is actually lit from the source of the wig and it is plugged into a generator,” she explained. “This particular wig also can plug into a lighting board for my show and my lighting designer can control it and I can dance in it.”
Lady Gaga’s hair isn’t the only topic of discussion as of late. It turns out her infamous meat dress worn at the 2010 MTV Video Music Awards will be making it’s way to Washington D.C. to be shown in the National Museum of Women in the Arts. The exhibit opens on Friday and illustrates the “importance of women in the world of popular music from the 1920s to present day,” according to NMWA.
Other female artists with items on display include Alicia Keys, Rihanna and Carrie Underwood.
-Annie Reuter, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Bono, Liam Neeson Have Been Screenwriting a Film Together
- Chrissie Hynde on Too Much Sex Appeal in Pop: ‘Maybe They Should Just Be Making Porn Films’
- Metallica to Release Box Set of Recordings of Every 2014 Show
- Sharon Osbourne Says U2 Gave Away ‘Mediocre Music’ for Free Because ‘No One Wants to Buy It’
- Beyoncé & Jay Z Might Be Working on a Joint Album
- Interview: Mike Rutherford Looks Back on Genesis, Ahead to Mike + The Mechanics